Winner of the door prize ... Camilo Salamanca ... Congratulations!
The prize, a Motorino BTr eBike was open to all who attended ElectraFest 2011 in person and signed on to enter.
There was no fee and no obligation to enter.
The prize draw from the over 200 entries received was held at our June 22, 2011 meeting which was open to the public.
Many thanks to our venue sponsor ...
Corporate participants ...
Thanks to exhibitors ...
Steve Miloshoev of Greenwit Technologies and E-Ride for providing the Motorino BTr door prize (despite there being no door charge).
We counted over 200 entries in just a few hours.
- Coast Mountain Bus Company for providing for providing an Electric Trolly bus & a Hybrid Diesel/Electric bus and explaining their high tech inner works.
- The City of Vancouver and BC Hydro for Demonstrating their Mitsubishi i-MiEVs.
- Horatio K. for freely giving almost one hundred people their first memorable ride in the legendary Tesla electric.
All the exhibitors who bought their vehicles to share, inform and entertain us all,
in all about 18 cars and trucks, including -
Christine and Bix Bickson who brought out their Zenn (currently for sale),
Brian and Athena Bishop who brought out their Toyota RAV4 EV to show and offer rides in.
Randy Holmquist of Canadian Electric Vehicles who drove two vehicles all the way in from beyond Coombes, BC.
Numerous scooter and ebike companies -
Grin Tech, JV Bike, e-Cycle, Ohm Cycles, Citybiker, City Scooters.
EV shops - Canadian Electric Vehicles, Electric Auto Sports, Future Vehicle Technologies.
Others such as Zero Motorycles, UBC Electric Car Club, Leviton,
Granville Island and eatART whose solar array powered the series of Vancouver bands who played for us.
Thanks to tireless volunteers ...
- Bruce Stout, our event co-ordinator, for organizing and overseeing Electrafest.
- The Electrafest orgainzing committee: Barry Shell, Ron Lawton, Solomon Hindel, Ron Burton
- Vincent Law for negotiating, securing the site and insuring the event, site layout, printing signs.
- John S. for media communications and spokesperson, exhibitors' package ...
- Gordon W. for registration, website and the ton of behind-the-scenes computer work...
- Bruce Stout, Ron Burton, Solomon Hindel and Dave Koehn for the signage and posters.
- John Foster for the Kids Zone and day-of-event postering.
- Dave and Julie Koehn, Lawrence Harris, Ron Burton for answering questions at the Information Tent.
- Robert Shaw, Camilo Salamanca, David Conn, Gordon W, Danny, Harry Snalam among others for traffic control.
- Volunteers who brought all the essential components (VEVA vehicles, tents, fencing, forms, chairs...food) to the show to make it happen.
- Haakon and Peter for organizing the food and providing the gas fired cooking appliance.
Special thanks to Barry Shell for arranging for the music which included
Thee Ahs, Big Evil, Laser Love Cats Cult, and Creative People